The leading children's brain tumour charity in the East of England.
- Over 5,000 children and adults are diagnosed with brain tumours each year.
- This number has increased by over 10% in the last 10 years.
- Childhood brain tumours are the biggestcancer killer of children and young people.
- Childhood brain tumours are the secondbiggest killer of children.
- The cure rate is significantly lower than for other cancers.
- For those children who survive, the side effects of the tumour and the treatment can be profound with significant impact on their mental and physical abilities.
- Some children are never the same again andare severely compromised for the rest of their lives.
- Rehabilitation can help these children improve the quality of their lives and the families who support them.
- Therefore the aim of the charity is to make a difference for those children and young people diagnosed with a brain tumour and help them reach their full potential.